22 May 2009

sigh

So i had a bite of a bday cupcake at work this morning...only to find out that the red dye used was made from an insect.
Now, thankfully i had a bite and then threw it away before i found out...so it's not like a had a whole cupcake and was then told about the insect thing.

I tend to always watch what i eat.. check ingredient labels for gelatin and the like. But it occurs to me now that there are more and more ingredients (the kind with names you can't pronounce) that come from unexpected sources. I'm starting to think that my diet should become more on the natural side of things.
I'm not blaming my coworker for not telling me sooner.. i mean honestly it's not as if everyone thinks about these things all the time. Maybe i need to take it upon myself to be more aware of what goes into the items i consume. Either that or stick to fruits and vegetables to be on the safe side :\

2 comments:

  1. its really interesting when it comes to baking the items used. you know i am not a veggie (mom is now one!) BUT i prefer to vegan bake-which i am now exploring.


    i am assuming you had red velvet cake :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that was it... sigh...

    ReplyDelete