04 May 2009

camina....

anyone who knows me knows how much i love walking around the city.

I used to spend HOURS just roaming around the city...with no particular place to be or go...discover a new cafe...read a book in a park i hadn't been to before...eat at a restaurant i'd never tried.

Well, ever since gavin and i moved to the 'burbs i haven't really done that. Things have been hectic since last fall and only now seems to be slowing down.
So this weekend i walked. I wandered for hours...them met my mom and wandered some more...we had lunch a place we found...we talked and walked and laughed at how we both love and miss doing that.

Then i got home to gavin and was completely satisfied having had a relaxing Saturday with my mother in the city.

I know it's not exciting, it's not going to the tribeca film festival, or seeing a show, or gallery hopping or a club but somehow simply walking through the city was enough. I must remember to do that more often.

1 comment:

  1. i can walk forever. i have walked from south street seaport all the way to mamas.
    you can see the city in a whole new light when you walk.

    glad you have your mom still with you!!

    ReplyDelete