15 October 2008

be afraid

I've just gone to the DMV and picked up a drivers manual.

A little history, i HAVE a learners permit already but it's for a motorcycle (got it back when i had a lambretta..and then a vespa....). So i HAVE been on the road a tiny bit (maybe 2 hours total) with more than just my two feet moving me on. But a car...well, a car seems so much more intimidating.

Plus I'm 28. Learning to drive at 28! Sigh, i picture some horrible 80's movie type thing happening where i almost kill the tester guy by crashing into a school bus or something. Reminds me of when i learned to ride a bicycle. I was 24. (or was it 23?) Picture it... a grown woman on a bmx bike falling over and getting looks from adults and kids that screamed "is she slow or something?" How i envied those 10 year olds riding away like it was the simplest thing in the world. I'm good now though.. still get nervous around cars but i don't fall off. Yay me. heh

We'll see how long it takes me to actually get a permit and then the 5 hour course and all that. Life is hectic right now. But, sometime in the not too distant future I'll be on the road...driving...me...behind a wheel...


*deep breaths*

1 comment:

  1. *snorts
    ok so yes i just almost *almost, peed myself while reading this.

    its not that bad. would you like some practice? know any empty lots in your area?

    seriously this is fun.....

    now pregunta......is there any other news you need to let me in on?????


    call me laters.....for a quick chat!

    ReplyDelete