13 November 2009

last meal

so lali posted this last meal thing..well.. posted it ages ago but anyway...she goes into so much detail that one can't help but to wonder about your own last meal.. and if you really could have it your way.. what would it be? who what and where?

so here goes.

the ideal last meal before kicking the bucket:

who'd be there:
Obviously my family..mom dad cyn marc vinny..jose luis would be there too... and it goes without saying...gavin..

where would we be:
our place

what would we have:
vinny would make his breaded chicken for the meat eaters and my mom would make her rice and black bean thing. gavin would make his kick ass guac and cyn and i would help with some tortillas de papa and salad..
we'd have some of our really nice red wine (pino)...we'd also have some 1979 riesling.. i know the food and drink combo isn't the best but it's MY last meal so i'll have whatever i want! :P
don't usually care for dessert but since it's my last meal we're talking about i'd like to have one last creme brulee.. really really burnt on top.
i'd have the sugar.. gav would have the creme :P

anything else:
this goes beyond 'last meal' and is really a 'last night' kind of thing.. but o well:
we'd all sit around and play telefunken and my dad would win...julio jaramillo in the background...
after a bottle or two of pinot noir my mom and i would be tispy enough to dance for a while.
everyone would leave to go home which since we're fantasizing here just happens to be on our block...
gav and i would get in bed and well.. you know... ;)

after that we'd play a last chess game with the bottle of Dom Perignon that we've been saving...
i'd tell him i love him...


don't know how i'd like to go.. definitely the next day sometime.. wake up..decide to go for a run and get hit by a car or something.. or something less painful heh

there... that would be the last meal/day :)

hrmm.. i really want tortillas de papa now.. heh

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I went overboard on my response. And really-I would love it to be my wedding meal instead.

    I want tortilla de papa and a bottle of Dom now.

    my favorite part:
    "after a bottle or two of pinot noir my mom and i would be tispy enough to dance for a while"


    now i am sad.extrano a Mexico y Texas :/

    Hugs Hermana

    ReplyDelete