22 July 2009

bookshelf

So...since the Harry Potter came out last weekend i decided to re-read all the books. 'Cause yes, I'm really 12. Anyway..now that that's over with i needed a new book to read.

So i went to my bookshelf and started to re-read something a little more appropriate to my age group. Picked up Geisha, a life.. but i read that one too recently so i put it down.. didn't really get sucked into the fortress of solitude or wicked so i landed on Stolen Continents.

Did it keep my interest? Yes. Is it a good and informative read? Yes. Is it fucking depressing (especially as a descendant of one of the cultures this book covers)? YES.

I've read this before.. i knew this would be a very sad history lesson, and yet it hit me over the head like a sledge hammer.

Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment